Being Desi Photo Hunt:
Hello there, 11-21 South Asians!! We are super excited to announce the prompts for our very first Photo Hunt program. We really want to know…through pictures…what it’s like being a South Asian youth living in the Pacific Northwest.
Grab your digital camera of choice and interpret the below statements through photography. Send your pics to email@example.com or tweet them @Tasveer_Seattle or upload them to our Facebook page.
- I'm proud of ______________.
- I'm embarrassed by _____________.
- I'm hungry for ____________.
- My desi style is ___________.
- [Create your own custom statement].
- All images should be in .jpg format
- One pic per prompt
- Respond to as many prompts as you can (we encourage all five)
- Include your age and a caption along with the image
- Include #beingdesi #SSAFF as well as a hashtag for the prompt the image corresponds to (#proud, #embarrassed, #hungry, #style, or #custom
Deadline: submissions will be collected until end of day on September 30th. Selections will be made for pic of the day/week and posted on Facebook and Twitter. Winners will be chosen per category and highlighted at SSAFF.
*SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT* Select submissions to Tasveer's Being Desi Photo Hunt will be included as part of a collaborative project at the Wing Luke Museum for its Hometown Desi: South Asian Culture in the Pacific Northwest exhibit that opens October 3rd. A special program highlighting select Photo Hunt submissions to discuss shared experiences will take place at the museum. Stay tuned for more details!
For more info, please contact Prachi Vora at firstname.lastname@example.org.